Since the beginning of January 2022, Google has finally published in detail the changes made to Android system updates distributed via the Play Store. After publishing the first patch at the beginning of the year, Mountain View has just released a new update. Let’s see together the modifications made by the manufacturer.
As you know, Google has worked for several years now to simplify and Speed up the deployment of Android system updates. Changes are realized first by Project Treble on Android 8.0, then now MainLine in Android 11 and 12.
This protocol specifically enabled Mountain View to deliver these patches directly via the Play Store, without the need for the intervention of various manufacturers or operators. Thus, the user who owns a smartphone running Android 11 or Android 12 It benefits from more regular updates and is easy to download and install.
The only drawback of this method, Google’s lack of transparency Which was an annoying habit of never listing the changes made. This bug has been corrected since January 2022, since then Google details the improvements made by the updates released via the Play Store.
Specifically, the company just updated the January 2022 update page to include Ten important changes In Google Play Services and Google Play Store. This patch began to be published on January 14, 2022 under References Google Play Services v22.02.03 and Google Play Store v28.8. But without further ado, here is the list of novelties
List of new features of Google services update
- [Auto, téléphone, tablette, TV, Wear OS] Improve the Google Account support experience on Android by providing users with more relevant content based on their entry point
Security and privacy
- [Téléphone] With Add Passwords, you can manually add credentials for apps and sites in Google Password Manager
- [Auto, Tablette, TV, Wear OS, Téléphone] New user discovery stream on supported Android devices to explain what’s new in a major OS update
- [Téléphone] With the update of Android TV, users will have a new way to connect to their TV with Android phones
- [Téléphone] With updates to the new version of ContactUI, users can choose to accept approvals
- [Téléphone] Users will be able to find the layout they are looking for without having to manually scroll through it
- [Auto, Tablette, TV, Wear OS, Téléphone] Some eligible cardholder users will switch to SMS verification by default
- [Téléphone, Wear OS] Improve your Google Wallet experience
Service for developers
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support ads, analytics, diagnostics, machine learning, and AI-related developer services in their apps
- Improved user interface for “Sign in with Google”
Crab, to check if the update is available, head over to the Play Store, click on your profile in the top right, then Settings > About > Play Store Update.
source : Android Police
“Hardcore beer fanatic. Falls down a lot. Professional coffee fan. Music ninja.”