Canada Conversation Looking for a Head of Science, Health and Environment Department.
You are a journalist, and you want to join a dynamic team, to achieve a new form of collaborative journalism. You will work with academics who conduct cutting-edge research and support them in producing articles intended for a wide audience.
This is the position, based in Montreal, who reports directly to the editor.
- Identify topics for articles dedicated to La Conversation Canada as well as to the numerous republishers in the general and specialist press in the fields of science, health and the environment;
- Identify and recruit academics to write articles for the Department of Science, Health, and Environment;
- Editing of articles, in collaboration with the author;
- Participate in the newsletter.
- Strategic monitoring in the fields of science, health and the environment.
- Can lead science promotion workshops with university partners.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of experience in journalism;
- Proficiency in written French;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to review during daily deadline, manage multiple tasks and work in a collaborative team;
- Excellent judgment, accuracy and great curiosity;
- The ability to generate ideas for articles, particularly in the areas of science, health, and the environment;
- A large part of our work is to explain complex academic concepts to the general public. Therefore strong academic training is an asset and a good ability to generalize complex concepts;
- The successful candidate will have an extensive network of academic contacts;
- Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Registration deadline: September 15, 2021
Please send your application, together with a cover letter and CV, to Martine Turenne, Editor-in-Chief of La Conversation Canada, using the form.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Equal opportunity is a priority at The Conversation Canada and La Conversation Canada. As an employer, we are committed to promoting an inclusive and fair workplace where individual differences are valued.
“Music guru. Incurable web practitioner. Thinker. Lifelong zombie junkie. Tv buff. Typical organizer. Evil beer scholar.”