Recipe from Hugo Saint Jacques.
Difficulty level: Beginner (easy)
Total yield: 4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons. 1 tablespoon (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) minced chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 ml) Macedonian celery
- Half a cup (125 ml) chopped leeks
- 1 cup (250 ml) Macedonian acorn squash
- 1 cup (250 ml) Macedonian carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 398 ml can of chopped tomatoes
- 8 cups (2 liters) chicken broth
- 1 540ml can of washed red kidney beans
- 1 lemon (peel only)
- Half a cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
- A quarter cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese
- 4 long baguettes
level 1 : In a large pot, heat olive oil and brown the ground chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Then we take it out of the pot and put it in a bowl aside.
The second step : Add the butter to the same pot and sauté the onion for 1 to 2 minutes, followed by the leeks, carrots, celery and squash, then leave to sweat for 4 to 5 minutes. Then add the thyme and bay leaves and season well with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Then add the chicken broth and canned tomatoes and return the meat to the soup. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes then add the canned beans. Cook for another 5 minutes then season to taste if necessary.
Step 4: When serving, garnish with lemon peel, then chopped parsley and a little Parmesan cheese. Served with long toasted bread.
Good appetite !
“Amateur entrepreneur. Professional internet expert. Zombie maven. Incurable pop culture scholar.”