Just before the weekend, all readers who cook themselves are asking that eternal question: What are we going to eat? To inspire you, Journalism He suggests a recipe that will make your mouth water.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for seafood gumbo
- 700 grams of fresh large peeled shrimp
- 700 grams of crab meat
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 500g chorizo, cut into slices
- 1 cup vegetable oil (plus 2 tablespoons for cooking sausages)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons. A tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1 package of frozen okra slices (about 300 grams)
- 1 bottle of amber beer (355 ml)
- 2 tablespoons. Cajun seasoning (see below)
- 3 tablespoons. A tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. A teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cooked white rice for serving
Preparing okra for seafood
- In a cast iron casserole dish, cook sausage until done. Removal and reservation.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pot and heat it over high heat.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon, making sure that the flour does not stick to the pan and burn.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until the roux turns a dark caramel color. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning, green pepper, onion, and celery and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add beer and stir well.
- Add the chicken broth, and mix well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves to the reserved sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Sweat the okra by lightly frying it for 5 to 8 minutes in a pan. For reservations.
- Add the green onions and shrimp to the casserole dish. When the shrimp turn pink, remove the pot from the heat and add the crab meat and okra, stirring.
- Served with white rice. Add the rice to the okra when serving.
Cajun seasoning ingredients
- 3 tablespoons. A tablespoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon. A tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons. A tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons. A tablespoon of salt (or to taste)
- 1 c. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. A tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 c. A tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 c. A tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 c. A tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
Preparing Cajun seasoning
- Mix all ingredients.
“Music guru. Incurable web practitioner. Thinker. Lifelong zombie junkie. Tv buff. Typical organizer. Evil beer scholar.”