Why was your house blurred on Google Maps?
We all looked up our home address on Google Maps. However, it is disturbing to know that everyone can scan our doors and windows so easily. Security and privacy issues may arise from displaying photos of our home on Google Maps.
Burglars (or stalkers) can quickly make their way into our home. Yes! Google Maps provides an in-depth look at each home. So it is easy to understand the layout of the house.
Fortunately, it is possible to blur your home on Google Maps or hide your home on Google Street View.
If you have children, it may be especially wise to do so. It is also possible to delete your home from Google Maps when you have too many valuables or antiques.
One thing is for sure, your lifestyle or your landscaping is not without consequences. Learn how to protect your home from burglars.
How to blur your house on google maps
Now let’s see how to blur your house on Google Maps. Don’t worry, it’s not very difficult.
1. Open Google Maps on your computer, not on your cell phone. Unfortunately, this process does not work on smartphone apps and can be tedious to complete through a web browser on your phone.
2. Find his home address. It will most likely show your home photo. Click on this image. From there you will see the front of your house from the street.
3. Click on Report a Problem. You’ll find this button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
4. Decide what you want Google to stand for. A red and black square should appear on the screen. You should then make sure that everything you don’t want to show up on Google Maps falls into this box (think including detached garages).
You can use the buttons on the side to zoom in and out to make this process easier.
5. Select what you want Google to blur. Google will ask you to provide more details about what exactly is in the image that you want to blur. To be as specific as possible.
Be aware, however, that something will be permanently deleted.
6. Enter their email address and complete the CAPTCHA. Then submit the form.
You should receive a confirmation email from Google telling you that the agent will review your application.
Google may send you an email asking for more information, so check your inbox regularly. Google will tell you when your application has been approved or denied.
Ultimately, home security is essential no matter where you live or what you own. And you better worry about that before the thief forces us to do it… Take a look at these bad habits that put you at risk.
Subscribe to the Reader’s Digest Selection newsletter. And we followed FB And instagram!
“Music guru. Incurable web practitioner. Thinker. Lifelong zombie junkie. Tv buff. Typical organizer. Evil beer scholar.”
Workspace, learning arena? (mono hito keto)
Emilie Robert Duesneau-Meudon Cultural Center Saturday, April 15, 2023
Océanolab, the new Océanopolis marvel | Brest city