Awani Review

Complete News World

A teenager was electrocuted after coming into contact with a metal collar and an extension cord

A teenager was electrocuted after coming into contact with a metal collar and an extension cord

A 16-year-old American teenager almost lost his life after suffering an electric shock between his metal collar and the prongs of an extension cord.

“He said it all happened within seconds, and he clearly saw sparks coming out of his neck,” the Oklahoma teen's mother told the New York Post.

While in bed, the young man, Rice, wanted to check if his phone was charging when something fell from the bed, before the pendant came into contact with the electrical circuit.

The 38-year-old, who alerted emergency services after the smell of burning spread, continued: “Because everything was made of metal, there was a complete circle around his neck,” while “the whole house smelled of burning hair and skin.” .

Upon returning from a long distance, the young teenager with fourth-degree burns found himself so scarred on his chin and collarbone that doctors suggested he undergo a skin graft, but the young patient refused.

The mother-of-six now wants to call on the public to be careful around electrical appliances, saying she realizes her son “could have easily died that night”, according to US media.

See also  on video | Saving a baby kangaroo from floods in Australia