Time to deliver our final verdict on the all-new Resident Evil Village on Playstation 5 (also available on Xbox One / Series & PC).
As a reminder, Resident Evil Village is a first-person survival horror game that takes place a few years after Resident Evil 7. It stars Ethan Winters and his wife Mia and Chris Redfield, the legendary hero of the Resident Evil series.
We bring you the 4K video test below, as well as our own deduction table for gamers in a hurry. An experience we enjoyed and recommend below.
=== A small summary of the experience on the video (but we invite you to listen) ====
* Forts points
- Detailed textures! (We feel Capcom has mastered the RE engine)
- Ray tracing efficiency,
- Certain stressful moments (Maison Benevento),
- The Duke is a very useful character,
- Numerous decorative elements
- Big map
- The main villains look good!
- Good sound environment,
- Successful dubbing in French,
- Even after completion, we want to relaunch the adventure with higher difficulty!
- Interesting traditions thanks to the scattered notes,
- Generic good composition!
- Excellent work stages …
- … but enemies are somewhat predictable (when you know the license),
- We liked a more quick move!
- Very little Resident Evil 4 survival gameplay,
- Some rare insects,
- We liked more of the reference with the Resident Evil saga.
NB : 17/20 + quality mark
“Hipster-friendly tv trailblazer. Problem solver. Infuriatingly humble introvert. Reader. Student. Subtly charming bacon maven.”