suébec announced Friday morning the addition of additional prizes that will be won thanks to the vaccine lottery.
In a sign that large companies have listened to Health Minister Christian Duby’s plea, the new pieces are on display by Bombardier and Air Canada. These companies are already partners in the vaccination campaign, they are the ones who set up the vaccination poles.
Thus, on September 3, adults registered for the vaccine lottery can win one of the new prizes during a drawing that will take place among people who have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and who will have completed their registration before September 1.
An all-inclusive vacation package of seven nights for two in Cancun will be donated at random, plus another 10 travel vouchers for two in economy class to a Canadian destination and another flight for two in business class to any location served by the airline.
Bombardier will also award a 90-minute flight prize to the winner and six guests on a world-class business jet departing from Quebec or Montreal.
More than a million registered
By adding additional batches, Quebec hopes to further stimulate the progress of the vaccination campaign and thus boost the administration of the second dose by August 31. Remember that Legault’s government wants at least 75% of Quebecers age 12 or older to have been adequately vaccinated by this date.
Prizes totaling $2 million were already announced on July 16 and include prizes of $150,000 per week and scholarships for the youngest of them, as well as the $1 million jackpot.
As of Friday, less than a week after registrations opened, the Department of Health and Social Services counted more than 1.5 million registrants for the competition.
So far, 6.2 million Quebecers aged 12 and over have received the first dose of the vaccine and 4.7 million have received both.
• A 90-minute flight for the winner and six guests on a world-class business jet, produced in Quebec and powered by sustainable aviation fuel. Departure from Montreal or Quebec.
• A seven-night all-inclusive vacation package for two in Cancun at the Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, including return economy flights;
• One travel voucher for two people for a return flight in Business Class to any destination served by Air Canada;
• 10 travel vouchers for two people for a return flight in economy class to any destination in Canada.
• Three prizes rewarding 100,000 points from Aeroplan;
• Five Aeroplan memberships, 50 K status.
“Certified food fanatic. Extreme internet guru. Gamer. Evil beeraholic. Zombie ninja. Problem solver. Unapologetic alcohol lover.”