Microsoft has just published Update KB5007215 for Windows 11. In Software: Performance improvements for some configurations and bug fixes related to Xbox Game Bar, audio quality, or BitLocker data encoder. We are evaluating.
It was released a little over a month ago now, Windows 11 It continues to receive special attention from Microsoft. If the Redmond editor improves the new version of its operating system, it basically works Debugging bugs spotted by developer teams, but also by users.
After identifying a major issue that was slowing down PC performance with an AMD Ryzen CPU, Microsoft is now working on it. Correction titled KB5007215. This makes it possible to put an end to the drop in performance under Ryzen, a drop that could reach 25% in some cases, as we noted in Standards implemented by our laboratory Using the Ryzen 9 3900X. Update follows The first patch is for AMD processors and was released last October.
Ultimately, that’s enough to boost the performance of Ryzen hardware, or at least find a semblance of normalcy. In addition, if the latter is the main affected, some usersAMD Epic (The server architecture launched in 2017, but it’s still relevant today) I’ve also reported performance drops. Here again, the issue appears to have been resolved via the patch that Microsoft just published.
Microsoft fixes File Explorer errors
Aside from improving the performance of computers running Ryzen, Windows 11 update KB5007215 also fixes issues with File Explorer. Some users complained, for example, of a serious slowdown when trying to find a key file on the computer. Once again, the anxiety was eliminated. Another resolved issue is that the file finder might be unsuccessful. Finally, Microsoft fixed a file handling issue and a memory leak when using Virtual Desktop.
That’s not all, because the update released by Microsoft also includes the following list of patches:
- Fix registry problems Xbox Game Bar
- Problem fixed sound distortion
- revision Memory Leaks Because of the lsass.exe process
- Problem Solving BitLocker with virtual machines
- revision office apps Which did not open for some users
- The High contrast look It has been modified to be easier to use
- Fix a problem that may cause black lock screen When preparing a slide show
How to install Windows 11 hotfix KB5007215
If you haven’t already, the update should download and install by itself on your computer in the following days. If you want to force the installation a bit, here’s how:
- Press the keys [Windows] + [I], or click the Start button on the taskbar and go to the application Settings
- In the window that appears next, go to Windows Update
- Click the button Check for updates
- patch package KB5007215 It should then appear. Then you just have to accept to download it.
- Note that installing the update requires a restart of the computer. On the other hand, the update setup is very fast and shouldn’t take more than 3 or 4 minutes, even on a small configuration.
“Hipster-friendly tv trailblazer. Problem solver. Infuriatingly humble introvert. Reader. Student. Subtly charming bacon maven.”