London will be in the spotlight on Saturday for the coronation of King Charles III, and nothing more and nothing less than Canadian astronaut Jeremy Hansen who will proudly carry the Canadian flag.
Even before flying to the Moon with three American astronauts on NASA’s Artemis II mission, Ontarian Jeremy Hansen will represent Canada at King Charles’ coronation on Saturday as a flag bearer.
On Wednesday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the names of those who will be part of the Canadian delegation to attend the ceremony. Accompanied by his wife Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, Governor General of Canada Marie Simon and her husband, journalist Wyatt Fraser, he will go himself to the venue of the festivities.
A contingent of 45 members of the Canadian Armed Forces will take part in the Coronation Military Parade in London.
At the same time, an official ceremony will be held in Ottawa, and other celebrations will be held across the country over the weekend.
Canadian delegation on Saturday
Here is a list of those who will accompany Justin Trudeau to represent Canada during the festivities:
First Nations representatives
- Roseanne Archibald, National President, First Nations Association
- Nathan Obed, chief of the Inuit Tapiriet Kanatami
- Cassidy Caron, President of the National Council of Mutants
- Sara Mazero, Prime Minister’s Youth Council
- Christina Caouette, CEO of Young Canadian Diplomats
- Rebecca Raphael, Founder, Halifax Helpers
- Marguerite Tolghezi, President of the French Canadian Federation of Youth
- Maryam Tsegaye, winner of the Breakthrough Junior Challenge global science competition
- Jennifer Sadie Gibbons, astronaut
Other distinguished guests
- Janice Charette, Clerk of the Privy Council and Cabinet Secretary
- Margaret Macmillan, Member of the Order of Merit and Companion of the Order of Canada
- Leslie Arthur Palmer, Recipient of the Cross of Courage
“Amateur entrepreneur. Professional internet expert. Zombie maven. Incurable pop culture scholar.”
Emily reveals part of Tristan’s intimate life on Love Island
5 things to know about the soundtrack to “The Idol”
The earthquake in the world of media: Jean-Charles Lajoie will lose his job