Anthony Joshua has agreed to terms offered to fight Tyson Fury for the WBC Heavyweight title, his team announced Tuesday.
Fury, the 34-year-old WBC champ, showed last week to Joshua, 32, that he’d let him take 40% of the winnings from the fight if he agreed to face him.
Joshua’s team, 258, said they had accepted the offer on behalf of the British boxer and his promoter, Match Rum, and were awaiting the champion’s response. This same person retweeted a 258 message.
The battle will take place on December 3.
Fury had proposed a “Battle of Britain” between the British boxers after Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk said he would not agree to a new fight until early next year.
Usyek defeated Joshua on August 21, retaining the WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight titles.
But Fury, who announced his retirement on his 34th birthday last month, decided to give Joshua “the chance” to challenge him for the WBC title. The two men never quarreled against each other.
“Hipster-friendly tv trailblazer. Problem solver. Infuriatingly humble introvert. Reader. Student. Subtly charming bacon maven.”